In supersession 10 all earlier Office Orders on the subject, the Minority Cell is hereby re-constituted with the purpose of empowering the Minority Communities in the Institute, as below, with immediate effect. The Cell basically helps minority students and staff including Christian, Muslim, Jain, Buddhists etc. for their academic and career development.
Chairman & Liaison Officer- Prof.(Mrs.) Mita Kotecha
- Prof. (Mrs.) Shamsha Fiaz- Member
- Mrs. Anita Joyce-Member
- Dr. Narinder Singh- Member-Secretary
- To enhance equal opportunities for education of minorities.
- To facilitate financial support to students from minority communities from governmental agencies and other sources.
- To aware the minority students regarding various scholarships program of State Government and UGC.
- To take such follow up measures for achieving the objectives and targets laid down for the purpose by the Government of India.
- To ensure provisions for an environment where all such students feel safe and secure.
- To encourage enrolling for career orientation programs which would empower and equip them with the necessary skills to choose a career options.
- To provide prompt counseling for any emotional emergencies arising on account of any event at the campus.
- To ensure protection and reservation as provided in the constitution of India.