The National Institute of Ayurveda was established as an apex Institute of the Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India for Promoting the Growth and Development of Ayurveda as a model Institute for evolving high standards of Teaching, Training and Patient Care with the following Aims and Objectives:
1. To promote the Growth and Development of Ayurveda;
2. To produce Graduates and Post-Graduates in all Branches of Ayurveda;
3. To conduct Research on various aspects of Ayurveda;
4. To provide Medical Care through Ayurvedic Systems of Medicine to the suffering humanity;
5. To provide and assist in providing service and facilities of highest order for Research, Evolution, Training, Consultation and Guidance to Ayurvedic System of Medicine;
6. To conduct Experiments and develop Patterns of Teaching Under-Graduate and Post-Graduate Education in all branches of Ayurveda.